Travellers in Southern Ontario can fly direct or easily connect when starting their journey with convenient flights from Hamilton International
Hamilton, ON (October 10, 2023) – Adventure Starts Here! John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport (Hamilton International) is thrilled to unveil its 2023/24 Winter Program featuring many getaway options, including popular sunny destinations in the United States, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, and Mexico, low-cost connections into Europe with direct flights between Hamilton and Reykjavík, Iceland, along with continued access into Western Canada. Hamilton International’s 2023/24 Winter Program officially takes effect in November with services operated by WestJet, Lynx Air, PLAY, and seasonal airline partners, Air Transat and Sunwing.
“This winter, travellers can start their journey from Hamilton International and enjoy direct flights and easy connections to destinations across Canada, the sunny south, and internationally,” says Cole Horncastle, Executive Managing Director of Hamilton International. “WestJet has affirmed its long-standing commitment to Hamilton, introducing several popular sun destinations in addition to its established domestic service to/from its Calgary hub. Lynx Air will continue its ultra-affordable flights to Calgary and Vancouver, while PLAY continues to offer low-cost flights to Iceland and onward to Europe. Our seasonal partners, Air Transat and Sunwing, return and join WestJet in offering a range of sunny getaways. The variety of destinations served by multiple air carriers this winter, combined with the ease and convenience of travelling through Hamilton International, make it an ideal option for vacationers and sun seekers.”
2023/24 Winter Program Highlights
- WestJet will offer service to popular sun destinations with new flights to Orlando, Tampa, Cancun, and Punta Cana, while continuing to provide non-stop connectivity to Western Canada with service between Hamilton and Calgary.
- Lynx will continue to provide ultra-affordable domestic flights to Calgary and offer travellers a convenient connection to Vancouver with its through-flight service.
- Low-cost, direct flights between Hamilton and Iceland will continue with PLAY, providing seamless connections to over 30 iconic destinations across Europe including Paris, Amsterdam, London, and Frankfurt.
- Air Transat returns to Hamilton International with service to Cayo Coco, Punta Cana, Puerto Plata, and Cancun.
- Sunwing resumes service to Cayo Coco, Holguin, Varadero, Punta Cana, and Cancun from Hamilton International.
Travellers are encouraged to arrive at the Airport at least two (2) hours prior to domestic departures and three (3) hours prior to international departures to allow ample time for parking, check-in, and security screening. Travellers can also take advantage of Hamilton International’s new online reservation system to secure their Airport parking spot in advance. Parking reservations are available for booking now at parking.flyhamilton.ca.
To view Hamilton International’s 2023/24 Winter Program, please click here.
About John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport is a growing international gateway for affordable travel and the largest overnight express freight airport in Canada. The Airport is owned by the City of Hamilton and managed under an agreement by TradePort International Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Vantage Airport Group – an industry leading investor, developer, and manager of airport assets. This allows Hamilton International to incorporate best-in-class practices from around the world into its operations. As an efficient facilitator of cargo and passenger operations, Hamilton International is an economic engine and responsible community partner. Its strategic location and uncongested 24/7 operations make it an attractive option for both passenger and cargo carriers looking to serve the Southern Ontario market.
Please direct media inquiries to email@example.com.