Hamilton International adds another layer of confidence for travellers this summer as it becomes accredited under the Airports Council International (ACI) Airport Health Accreditation program
Hamilton, ON (April 7, 2022) – John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport is proud to announce that it has achieved accreditation under the Airports Council International (ACI) Airport Health Accreditation program for its commitment to prioritizing health and safety measures. This accreditation demonstrates that Hamilton International’s ongoing efforts to protect travellers, employees, and business partners are in alignment with industry best practices and global standards.
ACI’s Airport Health Accreditation program is designed to help reassure the travelling public and stakeholders that airport facilities remain safe and that appropriate precautions are being taken to reduce any risk to their health. ACI’s evaluation process assesses the new health measures and procedures introduced as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic in accordance with recommendations from the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Council Aviation Recovery Task Force (CART) and industry priorities. Areas of assessment for accreditation include cleaning and disinfection, physical distancing (where feasible and practical), staff protection, physical layout, passenger communications, and passenger facilities.
This coveted accreditation has been received following the launch of Hamilton International’s Choose Comfort campaign in June 2021 which was designed to highlight the unique benefits of travelling through a regional airport like Hamilton, while showcasing the Airport’s health and safety measures. These measures include:
- All persons entering the Airport must wear a face covering or non-medical mask.
- Only travellers and employees on duty are permitted to access the terminal building.
- Persons entering the building are restricted to using a designated, one-way entrance.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in high-traffic areas throughout the terminal building.
- Increased audio and visual messaging communicating health and safety requirements.
- Installation of floor decals and additional wayfinding to encourage proper physical distancing in queuing zones.
- Installation of acrylic protective barriers at key communication points.
- Increased touchless hand sanitizing stations deployed throughout the Airport.
For more information on Hamilton International’s response to COVID-19, please visit flyhamilton.ca/COVID-19.
About John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport is a growing international gateway for affordable travel and the largest overnight express cargo airport in Canada. The Airport is owned by the City of Hamilton and managed under an agreement by TradePort International Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Vantage Airport Group – an industry leading investor, developer, and manager of airports globally. This allows Hamilton International to incorporate best-in-class practices from around the world into its operations to deliver an exceptional airport experience. As an efficient facilitator of cargo and passenger operations, Hamilton International is an economic engine and responsible community partner. Its strategic location and uncongested 24/7 operations make it an attractive option for both passenger and cargo carriers looking to serve the Southern Ontario market.
Media Inquiries: Please direct media inquiries to email@example.com.