John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport is pleased to release its 2014 Year in Review, and report on a number of achievements in cargo, passenger and infrastructure development.
In 2014, Hamilton International continued to provide the highest level of global connectivity for express air cargo in Canada though its strong partnerships with cargo carriers Cargojet, Purolator, Canada Post, DHL and UPS. Developments in passenger services further enhanced the Airport’s winter charter program through the introduction of weekly service to Puerto Plata, added frequency to Punta Cana and the launch of Celebrity Cruises’ all-inclusive flight/cruise program.
Year-end performance resulted in an 8% increase in cargo aircraft billable weight, driven by an increase in express cargo and high speed logistics, growth of e-commerce, and a rise in the cargo charter segment; while stricter management of aircraft capacity and removal of seasonal service to Winnipeg lead to a slight 3% decline in passenger traffic.
TradePort continued to invest in sustaining infrastructure, over $3 million was spent on terminal and airfield projects including work on Hamilton International’s new Air Cargo Logistics Facility, for which Cargojet announced its long‑term commitment as anchor tenant in March 2014. An ongoing focus on efficient operations and building cargo revenues enhanced bottom-line financial results.
“We are very proud of our accomplishments in 2014,” said Frank Scremin, President and CEO, John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport, “Our team has worked very hard this past year to ensure quality operations and service, we look forward to continuing this throughout 2015.”
Key highlights from 2014 include:
- 418,709,000 kg in total landed cargo aircraft billable weight
- 332,378 passengers flying to and from Hamilton International
- Over 2,700 total jobs created through Airport activity at Hamilton International
- Over $1.6 million in taxes and rent paid to the City by TradePort and Airport Business Partners
- Over 90% of passengers reported a positive Airport experience
- $232.4 million in direct financial benefit to the City of Hamilton since 1996
- Over 200 hours contributed by Airport staff to community organizations and events
To access the John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport, 2014 Year in Review, please visit: www.flyhamilton.ca/passenger/news-media/facts-figures